top of page
Tourists with Map and Coffee

B-1 B-2 Tourist Visa

Generally, an individual from a foreign country must obtain a B-1, B-2, or a B-1/B-2 combination visa before an intended visit into the United States. The distinction between a B-1 and B-2 is the purpose of the trip. If one intends to enter to conduct business then one is required to obtain a B-1, while if one seeks entry for vacation or tourism, a B-2 would be more appropriate. A combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2) is, therefore, the most common application. B-1 and/or B-2 visas are considered nonimmigrant; therefore, the focus of your application shall show your connections to your country, the specific purpose of your visit, and a clear intention to return to your home country at the end of the stay.


Under U.S. law, a consular officer has the authority to determine if you qualify for a visa. But it is your job to show the U.S. government that you meet the requirements and are therefore eligible for a B-1 and/or B-2 visa. You do not have to prepare for this process alone, our experienced immigration attorneys can assist you.

The following are the basic requirements to successfully obtain a visa.
• Connections to your home country
• Foreign residence (i.e. ownership, lease, etc.)
• Foreign business(es)
• Employment(s)
• Family (i.e. elder parent(s) one takes care off)
• Specific purpose for visit
• Specific activities planned
• Business related activities (i.e. conference(s), meetings, etc.)
• Adequate financial support to travel
• Intent to return to home country

• Return travel tickets





  • Youtube
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
bottom of page